Why just passwords are not good enough?
As you know, Microsoft regularly release new options and new security features as part of their Office 365 platform.
As part of their focus on security, they highly recommend that all users implement 2FA or MFA on all their O365 accounts.
2FA (two-factor authentication) or MFA (multi-factor authentication) is an additional security layer for your business (moving forward we will just refer to this as 2FA). It helps to address the vulnerabilities of a standard password-only approach.
With 2FA a user will first enter their username and password. Then, instead of immediately gaining access, they will be required to provide another piece of information. This second piece of information could be an number of things including:
- a code that was sent to a nominated mobile phone.
- an answer to one or more “secret” questions.
- a token or code linked to a hardware device.
- a fingerprint or other biometric pattern.
With this additional security measure, a potential compromise of your password won’t provide access to your account. As O365 accounts are being hacked on a daily basis we highly recommend implementing 2FA to help stop unauthorised access to your account ASAP.
There are a few options available to you:
1) Setup this feature yourself (bear in mind if you break something you may lose access to your account).
2) Lock us in to do the work for you – we’ve put together a fixed fee price of $550 (user limits apply) to set this up for you. Just contact us and we will get you scheduled in.
As with all jobs we will be working through all these projects on a first come, first served basis so get in ASAP.
Of course, if you have any questions at all – just contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.